ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

What I Have Learned

So far, this class has been going great! While the technology may seem overwhelming (lots of media resources to learn in so short a time!), it can be done. Like I tell my students, the only way to really learn is to get your hands dirty and do it. I must confess that even though I already know some of the technology, I am not very consistent in using it and so I forget most of the resources' functionalities. I must always remind myself to use, use, and use!

I liked the webquests and I salute the teachers who devote time in making them. With the webquests, students are not just let loose on the Internet with nowhere to go. I have seen students go to sites that are inappropriate for their age because they do not yet know how to evaluate a site for its accuracy and authority. Which brings me to my next point: I would like to teach students instead on how to search and evaluate sites so that they may be more independent when researching for something where a webquest may or may not be available to them. It's like teaching a child to fish rather than giving him the fish, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home