ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

ED636 - Fall 2006

ED636 - Fall 2006


I am not sure what an action plan is, but if it what I think it is, then my plan is to carefully look at the technology that is available to decide what works best for my students and classes. I try to use the appropriate technology with the appropriate lessons and students.
I don’t feel that technology should be used just because it is there. As a teacher, I feel that it is my place to decide what is effective and proper for me. My students tend to push me into some technology uses that I am a little uncomfortable with, but they are good about explaining why they chose the medium that they used.
I feel that a classroom cannot be totally technology free, but it should not be controlled by the technology, I think that knowing the limitations of the technology is just as important as knowing the benefits of the technology.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger BenBarton said...

Actually, this is close to my feeling about technology as well. My issue is the "appropriate technology" you mentioned. Most of what I see out there has little to do with second graders. My classroom will never be controlled by tehnology either, mainly due to the fact that I, like you, am not comfortable with new technology, most of which I feel is unnecessary.

Please forgive the grammatical errors, o Enlish teacher. Next year I will try with grammer when it comes to teahing your daughter. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home