ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Time for Action




Thomas J. Petra
ED636 – Dr. Rivera
Action Plan

When it comes to writing an action plan on meeting my instructional technology goals, I find that I am somewhat at a loss. I have already applied some of the concepts
I have learned from the class in my instruction, but I find that time is a resource I am currently lacking. Since I just woke up in front of my computer, I will try to give it a shot.
First and foremost, I will complete the St. John’s Masters Program. Besides my professional duties and those to my family, the work required to attain this degree is one of my highest priorities. I will continue to implement the concepts that I learn into my curriculum and, when possible, I will incorporate my curriculum into the accomplishment of certain university assignments.
I will continue to research educational topics that interest me and gather articles from periodicals, journals and other Internet sources. I will use the LiveText and an ERIC account to manage these. At present, these searches have been dedicated to university work, but eventually these will be of a more personal, professional sort. I will add to this the inclusion of online subscriptions to educational journals that interest me.
I need to arrange a meeting with our school’s technology resource person so that I can be sure I am aware of the onsite hardware and software available to me. I ought to know all of the capabilities these resources have to offer, as well as the abilities of my personal laptop computer that may be unknown to me. I have already learned so much in the past two months, but I know there is much more.
Ironically, my most daunting goal is also the oldest. The implementation of handheld computers in my instruction is something I have been meaning to do for almost two years now. I think my subject area is one of the obstacles I face in meeting this goal. Still, I can’t substantiate that comment without first training myself in all of the handheld’s capabilities, which I have not.
All of this would much easier if there were 30 hours in a day. Nonetheless, I will endeavor to complete these goals in order. The attainment of a Master’s degree is of the most significance. The rest will follow with time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home