ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

GOALS

INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY GOALS

As a premise, Instructional Technology means “the process to utilize any form of technology in ensuring effective and efficient classroom instruction thus achieving successful student learning”. This is the answer to today’s need for effective classroom teaching vis-à-vis the students’ competencies. To put it positively, effective use of technology in teaching results to relevant and engaging learning.

SHORT TERM: COMMITMENT

My initial goal will be to re-align all my lesson plans and resources towards technology integration. Making technology as a means to an end, I will include in my lessons those resources that are already available in St. John’s School. I will try to adapt them in my lessons and will creatively use them with the purpose of enhancing my teaching. St. John’s is encouraging the use of Palm Handhelds as learning tools. I will continue to explore the uses of handhelds in my Math and Science Classes.

I will take responsibility of myself to learn more about integrating technology. I will attend, whenever possible, workshops that promote integration of technology to education. I will read current articles, will listen to PODCASTS, and will read books that teach innovative ways to integrate technology.

I have to make this commitment along with my vocation to make a difference in my students’ lives. I have to make this conscious and positive decision to use technology whenever and wherever possible.

LONG TERM: SMART BOARD

There is a technology already being used in the US Mainland that I hope to use. It is called the SMART BOARD. It is an innovative tool to manage the multimedia resources while using the whiteboard. This gives us control and access on the functions of the computer while we are using the whiteboard.

I had seen this demonstrated during our educational conference in Manila last March. I was amazed at how this technology can make multimedia presentations very interactive using the whiteboard without going near the computer.

This Smart Board could be adapted to so many uses from Math to Science and from presentations to demonstrations.

The setback for acquiring this equipment is initially the cost. However, it has proven itself as beneficial to education that would justify itself as worth the market value.

The Smart Board is what I am aiming for to use in the future. It is a material goal that is worth the commitment to integrate technology in education.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Thomas Petra said...

I would like to talk to you about how you are using the palm pilots in your math class. I was one of the first to buy one here when the idea was conceived for their use at the school, but I am probably the last one to implement their use. I still don't know how to use all of their functions either, so maybe you can help me with that too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home