ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

TECH-PLAN













Image Source: http://www.tekconnect.com/images/education.jpg


In order to realize my technological goals, I am outlining the following plan of action for myself.

1) Masters of Education: Instructional Technology: I hope to finish this program as this will allow me to solidify my commitment to technology integration in teaching.

2) Acquire Certification Courses from: PC or Mac Applications that will be relevant to education. I need to have adequate technical knowledge and skill in running the OS or programs more than just navigating the user-friendly buttons of the standard integrated softwares in a PC or Mac.

3) Smart Board: Hopefully, as funding would allow it, I want to start using the smart board in my classroom to test firsthand its usefulness to my teaching and to my student's learning.

4) Handhelds: I will explore more applications of handhelds to curriculum use. Handhelds should become an "intellectual partner" to the students and not just a distraction. Therefore, their learning should be enhanced when using these handhelds as skills practice for math, spelling, social, music, and science.

These are visions that I hope to accomplish.

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Thomas Petra said...

what do you mean "Certification Courses"? What are those for?

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Leikela2000 said...

Norman, you know so much and incorporate so many things into you lessons. I am amazed with what you do. Thank you for all of your help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home