ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

ED636 - Fall 2006

Rachel Kerr
ED 636
10/18/06
Blog posting
Instructional Technology Goals


My instructional technology goals are about the same as before. I will continue to try different multimedia in my classroom, when I feel that it is appropriate. I take several things into consideration when determining what is appropriate for my classes. First, I look at my students – can they use this appropriately? Next I look at the objectives that I want to accomplish – will the objectives be met the way I want them to be met with the technology? Finally I look at the time involved with the technology – will my time and the students’ time be well spent or will it be an overload?

After I try something new, I ask the students to evaluate what they thought of the lesson. Did it take too long? Do they want to do it again? What went well? What didn’t? I have them write this and turn it in without names and then I throw away the papers when I am done reading their comments. This way the students can be completely honest without worrying about who might see what. I value what the students have to say because most of the answers back are mature and give me a good insight to what they think and feel.
ED636 - Fall 2006

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Musikero671 said...

Rachel,
Kudos to you for making positive efforts to make your teaching more relevant for your students. Technology integration into the curriculum makes the students be more engaged and involved in their learning. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home