ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

ED636 - Fall 2006


My Plan of Action for Technology

I do not really have an actual plan. My main plan is one of, first of all, finishing up this MA program. My hope is that I will learn something with these classes that I will find easy to use and very helpful. The only other part of my plan of action involves trying not to fall behind in technology.

I have never been super interested in technology. The truth is, for still being young, my outlook on change in the world is that more closely related to the outlook of an old man. I do not like change. I am generally not impressed with new technology, especially when I feel it is not necessary or that I can get the same result using a method that I am used to. It took me years to figure out what a blog was, but in truth I had little interest in it. I don't keep a written journal, and I had little interest in an online journal.

I do not, however, want to fall behind. I need to still have a general idea of what is going on in the world of technology. That is one of the reasons why I have taken this MA challenge. It will likely catch me up to current methods of technology.

In truth educational technology is not particulary interesting to me. Because I teach younger children, what they need is personal interaction with me rather than more time with a computer. The technology I use in class, such as the overhead and DVD player, is all the technology I feel I need in my class.

3 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Leikela2000 said...

I love you picture.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Leikela2000 said...

Okay - not sure what is going on - love your picture - so love the simpsons

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Araceli Nelson said...

Hey, hang in there...my kids used to love the simpsons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home