ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

MY PHILOSOPHY





Image Source: http://www.ed.gov/rschstat/eval/tech/techconf99/conference3.jpg

MY PHILOSOPHY ON INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY

Instructional Technology is simply a MEANS to an END.

The success of my teaching comes only when I am able to "teach my students on how to fish". It is my goal to let them be able to learn how to study, how to find the solution to problems, how to explore and discover new ideas, and how to make their learning useful in their everyday lives. This is a task that can be achieve when students are empowered.

Empowerment is when I can draw from them their gifts and their experiences and make these as their tools to enrich and develop themselves. This is a powerful learning experience which would give my students healthy self-image that affirms their belief that they have the power to steer their life to where they want to be and to become the best of what they can be.

Since today's student is a technological native, I take full attention of their capacity to and their familiarity in the use of technology. Hence, I study and utilize whatever technological strategy that enhances their learning. This will make their classroom experience relevant.

My commitment to Instructional Technology is to study it and use it as a TOOL for which I can empower my students.

I do not integrate technology in my teaching just to follow the trend. It is a necessary tool for which students have to use inorder to be successful in their learning. Technology is a part of their life like water to a fish. It is what would define their life experience. It is what would help them understand and learn. It is what would make them ready for their future.

Hence, technology integration is NOT just an integral part of my teaching but my moral obligation as a teacher of today's young generation.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Thomas Petra said...

Case in point: the use of PowerPoint presentations.
It seems to me that PowerPoint is the "current flavor of the month" in education. But is it being used just to use it? What does it really contribute if the presenter just reads off the presentation. We need to teach students how to present first. I wonder if they even have Speech as a class in the Upper School now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home