ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Contribution to the Future of Technology


Let's start this blog with the dreams I used to have about my contributions to the next century. I grew up loving Gundam. It started in Japan before I was born, and as a kid that is what I loved. That and Star Wars, of course. I even had a dream that continued up until some time in Middle School. I wanted to become a scientist and help create these giant war machines. I wanted to be a scientist that helped design and make them.

This dream never came to pass. I was not good at math. In fact, I horrible at math. I eventually figured out that I wasn't too good at technology either. I let the dream of creating Gundam die and I moved on to other dreams.

I no longer have any dreams of helping the technology of the future. I can have dreams, though, about helping those who will help technology in the future. Tom Petra just mentioned in another blog of mine that even if I don't care for technology I have to use it in class for the sake of my students. These are the kids that might, someday, create a Gundam for real, or perhaps a laser rifle. Perhaps they will invent better computers or flying cars or a flying wheel chair for my old age.

For this reason I would say my contribution to the future of technology is for me to teach my students as best as I can. I can teach them many of the basics of math that they will need to learn the harder stuff that will lead to space colonies. It's my job to get them started on their own dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home