ED636 - Fall 2006

A course focusing on the role of the advanced technologies of education such as telecommunications and interactive media in the instructional process. Emphasis is on the selection, utilization, and evaluation of these media resources for instruction. Applications for advanced technologies in the teaching learning process are stressed.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Future with Instructional Technology


Of all the trends in Education, one is certain to continue into the future. Instructional Technology is destined to have a dominant and pervasive impact in future educational methods and materials. Currently, our world, our culture, and our lives are saturated with technological advances. We can be assured that these developments will spread into our classrooms and influence the way we teach.
Personally, I am already trying to be proactive in this evolution. This is evident in my enrollment in the Master in Education program at UOG. Although our cohort program is currently endangered, or already extinct, I will try to press on in one venue or another. The first step in the practice of a new technique is the education of that technique. I must acquaint myself with the concepts in instructional technology before I can use them. I can continue my professional development at an institution such as the University of Guam, or with seminars, conferences, online courses, or personally by reading educational publications.
Once I have familiarized myself the concepts, I can begin to implement them in my classroom. I will need to use the available resources and be an advocate in the acquirement of new materials. It is important that I seek ways to integrate Instructional Technology into my curriculum, not only to improve my instructional methods, but to present my students with current ideas and practices. They will certainly be using technology in the future and need to learn its attributes and possibilities as well.
Of course the development of technology or instructional technology will not stand still. It will continue to evolve and improve, so I will need to keep abreast of those advances.
Finally, I can promote the use of instructional technology to my peers, my school, and my community. One way to do this is to lead by example, and that is what I intend to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home